To engage in hiking activities on this voyage with Lindblad Expeditions, each participant must have the ability to:
- Walk or move 0.25 or more miles in coastal and remote front country environments, either independently or with the assistance of a companion.
- Navigate a variety of terrain, including beaches that could be slippery or rocky and uneven forest terrain that could involve maneuvering through the understory by pushing through tall grasses or navigating low branches and downed trees, either independently or with the assistance of a companion.
- Carry the gear recommended by the onboard expedition team for each activity, potentially including a daypack with a water bottle, rain gear, sun/wind protective and insulating layers, either independently or with the assistance of a companion.
- Follow verbal and non-verbal instructions given by guides in all situations, and to effectively communicate with guides and other guests, either independently or with the assistance of a companion.
- Maintain proper nutrition, hydration, and attire to avoid environmental injuries including hypothermia, heat related illness, sunburn and frostbite.
- Enter and exit watercraft (such as zodiacs) at the shore, independently or with the assistance of a companion.
The above criteria, if not met, will disqualify a person from participating in hiking activities with Lindblad Expeditions. The criteria exist for your own safety and that of all trip participants. None of the criteria are meant to discriminate on the basis of any physical or mental disability, and are applied uniformly to all potential trip participants, irrespective of the presence or absence of any disability. Lindblad Expeditions is committed to making reasonable modifications to any trip for any persons with a disability, so long as they do not fundamentally alter the nature of the trip.