We started our day with a morning walk along Dragon Hill to look for land iguanas. As soon as we set foot on this visitor’s site, it was almost impossible to believe that we were visiting the same island. Yesterday, we observed cars, streets, and people, but today was different. That is the beauty of the Galapagos Islands: 97% of the total land mass of the Galapagos is protected, leaving only 3% for humans. This is definitely a place worth conserving.

The rest of the morning and the afternoon continued with activities in the water: snorkeling, kayaking, paddleboarding, and Zodiac tours along the mangrove coast of Santa Cruz Island. We shared the ocean with golden rays, sharks, and multiple fish species. Our day ended with a magical sunset and wine tasting on the sun deck of National Geographic Endeavour II.