LINDBLAD EXPEDITIONS-NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC ANNOUNCES
EPIC ANTARCTICA: FROM THE PENINSULA TO THE ROSS SEA & BEYOND
Voyage Explores Where Very Few Humans Ever Have Aboard National Geographic Endurance
NEW YORK, NY, November 2018 – Lindblad Expeditions-National Geographic has announced Epic Antarctica, an extraordinary new voyage exploring along the ice’s edge of remote Antarctic shores—including the Antarctic Peninsula, rarely visited Western Antarctica, the impressive Ross Sea ice shelf, Macquarie and the sub-Antarctic islands of Australia and New Zealand. Set aboard Lindblad’s new next-generation expedition ship National Geographic Endurance, the 35-day adventure will offer wildness and wildlife at its finest.
With the highest ice class of any purpose-built passenger ship, National Geographic Endurance will be able to roam free at the bottom of the world on the most untrammeled, adventurous route where endless white mountains roll to the horizon and massive glaciers churn icebergs into the sea. Following the rhythms of nature – and in the footsteps of Scott, Ross, Amundsen and Shackleton - this epic voyage will explore dramatic places rarely visited.
- Discover four stunningly beautiful wilderness regions aboard the ultimate polar ship, in the company of a top expedition team.
- Explore the big ice of remote West Antarctica, where guests are sure to set foot on ice where no other humans ever have.
- Marvel at the massive white wall that marks the edge of the Ross Ice Shelf, the world’s largest.
- Explore the seldom-visited sub-Antarctic islands of New Zealand and Australia, UNESCO sites that are havens for wildlife.
- Thrill to being on the most powerful polar ship as she crunches through the pack ice, paddle a kayak in pristine bays, and Zodiac cruise amid the bergs.
- Observe unique and abundant wildlife: endemic royal penguins, gentoo and southern rockhopper penguins, the world’s largest colony of Adélie penguins, and 100,000 pairs of king penguins on a single beach.
Journey to these remote destinations under the sure guidance of an expedition leader, a team of veteran naturalists, a National Geographic photographer, plus a Lindblad-National Geographic certified photo instructor, an undersea specialist, and a wellness specialist. Their knowledge and passion for Antarctica is the key to your once-in-a-lifetime experience.
Slated for delivery in 2020, the 126-guest vessel is the first polar build in the line’s history.
Sleek and powerful on the outside, National Geographic Endurance is quietly luxe in the best Scandinavian design on the inside. With a total of six decks, Endurance has over 10,000 square feet of glass to frame the spectacular polar scenery to keep you connected to the view, while her décor and amenities keep you, and just 125 fellow passengers, spaciously and contentedly contained.
Epic Antarctica will have two departures only: December 27, 2020 and January 26, 2021. Rates begin at $ 48,800 per person, based on double occupancy in a category 1 cabin.
For reservations or additional information on Lindblad Expeditions-National Geographic voyages to some of the most beautiful and fascinating places on Earth, visit www.expeditions.com, call 1-800-EXPEDITION (1-800-397-3348) or contact your travel advisor. Find us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and Pinterest.
# # #
Contact: Patty Disken-Cahill, Lindblad Expeditions, 212-261-9081, [email protected]
For images: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/aku20rhmd9d2yf4/AACnz3ctqvkqwjWqKEcPV6S4a?dl=0
- From here you can view the images and download high resolution jpgs.
- Downloaded photos can only to be used in conjunction with promoting Lindblad Expeditions, and must include photographer copyright information.
- We are delighted if one of our images is being considered for the cover. However, please contact us directly for cover usage or any other commercial usage so we may determine permission or provide additional image selections.