NEW YORK, NY, September 2012 ‐‐‐ Adventure and fables go hand in hand on Lindblad Expeditions‐National Geographic’s newest itinerary for 2013, The Fabled Lands of the North: Greenland, Baffin Island, Newfoundland & Labrador. Set for departure on August 24, 2013 aboard the 148‐guest National Geographic Explorer, the 15‐day itinerary will navigate from western Greenland’s fjords andthe ice floes of Baffin Island to the historic fishing villages of the Canadian Maritimes.
The adventure will begin in the High Arctic with towering icebergs and massive glaciers, and a watch for polar bears, whales and walruses in their natural habitat. The journey will trace the historic coast of Labrador, where missionaries, fishermen, and whalers settled amid the Inuit, and a thriving community of artisans still remains. Guests will explore historic whaling towns, visit past and present Inuit villages, and follow in the footsteps of the Vikings in an ancient Norse settlement.
Expedition highlights include:
- Travel with former Canadian Prime Minister Kim Campbell, Canada’s first and only female Prime Minister, who will introduce guests to her country;
• Zodiac cruise among soaring sculptures of ice at the breathtaking Ilulissat Icefjord, a UNESCO World Heritage Site;
• Wander the ruins of the Viking village of L’Anse aux Meadows, established in 1000 and discovered in 1960;
• Meet Inuit artisans and learn about their carving and weaving tradition;
• Hike, kayak and Zodiac cruise amid beautiful scenery and observe the wildlife of the far north;
• Hike along a riverside trail with wonderful views of Autyuittuaq National Park, “the land that never melts;”
• View thousands of seabirds and marine mammals on the stark Button Islands;
• Travel with the best ice team on earth ‐ outstanding naturalists, marine biologists, an undersea specialist, a National Geographic Photographer and a Lindblad‐National Geographic certified photo instructor.
Rates begin at $13,470 per person based on double occupancy in a Category 1 cabin. Book by December 31, 2012 to receive complimentary charter airfare from Ottawa to Kangerlussuaq (a value of $1,200 perperson). Offer valid on new bookings only, and cannot be combined with other offers.
For more information or to book your Lindblad Expeditions experience today, visit www.expeditions.com, call 1‐800‐EXPEDITION (1800‐397‐3348) or call your travel agent.